Yaesu

[Yaesu] FT-7100 question

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-7100 question
From: n5ia@zia-connection.com (Milt Jensen, N5IA)
Date: Mon Jul 14 07:53:22 2003
I don't know if this is the correct forum for this question.  If it is not,
please let me know which one is correct for Yaesu VHF/UHF dualband radios.
Thanks.

I have a 7100, ser. # 1Fxxxxxxx which has performed as advertised for one
and 1/2 years. However, this past week, while using the radio on 2 Meters,
the TX power out went away. In fact the radio is also failed on UHF TX.

The TX power out indicator shows correct power output according to the TX
power level setting. I can hear the TX by listening with another receiver in
close proximity to the 7100.

It appears to me that the final amplifiers, both VHF and UHF, have been shut
down rather than failed. Has anyone else experienced this type of operation?

Milt, N5IA