Yaesu

Re: [Yaesu] mark V sub receiver problem

To: "'William Shadid'" <wa9mxq@att.net>, <ik3umt@ir3ip.net>,<yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] mark V sub receiver problem
From: "Patrick W7TMT" <w7tmt@dayshaw.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 08:26:52 -0800
Nice try, but that won't be it if his has the same problem as the one I got.
The key is the very high steady noise levels that occur when the sub rcvr is
enabled. I had the noise on all bands not just a few. Even 10 meters had the
high level of noise more or less a frying eggs sound (S9++) and the level
was consistent across every band. Further, when you disable the sub via the
menu the sub freq display flashes constantly when you try to select the sub
letting you know the sub is disabled. I have heard several other reports of
this problem and suspect they just had a problem with some of their
production run.

73,
Patrick
W7TMT