Yaesu

[Yaesu] FT-1000MP 70Mhz mod

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000MP 70Mhz mod
From: WD8ARZ" <wd8arz@null.net (WD8ARZ)
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 10:47:47 -0400
Just qucik note, I will post a more detailed one later.  The capacitor mod
ONLY works in cw mode and only if the dsp is OFF - in my case the dsp
performance on exceeded what the cw capacitor did, so I did not install
it... I actually want some higher frequency output as one of the options for
cw so I can hear voice audio in cross mode operations..... the 70 mhz if amp
affects all bands, even below 500khz.... the amp is needed for IF noise
reduction on all bands.... the improved signal to noise reduction improves
the performance of the dsp, noise blanker, and am syncronous detector.... I
will provide the details of two days of testing later to support these
statements...... the if gain menu must be reduced or some of the noise
improvment is lost and the noise blanker actually will not perform as
well.... calculated differences took mine from a setting of 13 to one of
9........

Good Luck, and thanks to inrad to a worth while mod!

73 from Bill - WD8ARZ
wd8arz@null.net