Yaesu

[Yaesu] FT-857 peculiarity??

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-857 peculiarity??
From: "I0WTD's Shack" <i0wtd_steve@tin.it>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 22:12:54 +0100
Have a problem with my new FT-857: when I switch it on with my nice
current-protected power supply, the latter goes into protection. If I use a
much simpler PS, all is going fine. I have read that the 857 has a sensing
circuit which detect if supply is from battery or stabilized ac-dc converter.
May this sensing circuit be the cause of the overcurrent which upset my power
supply? Has anybody had any problem like this?

Thanks

Stefano
I0WTD, PA3FWP, AE4GY
i0wtd@libero.it