Yaesu

[Yaesu] V Field Mod For Power Level

To: "a Yaesu E-Group" <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] V Field Mod For Power Level
From: "Thomas Giella KN4LF" <kn4lf@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 19:48:21 -0400
You go to VR3003 on the IF board. My V Field only put out 90 watts on 160
meters from the factory.  The rig will put out up to 200 watts on CW but I set
it to 150 watts max. I run allot of MFSK16 and RTTY at 150 watts with no power
supply or finals problems. The power increase mod no no is just another ham
radio urban legend. I've also run my FT-990 and FT-840 at 150 watts for years
with no problems. There are some appliance operators that can screw anything up
so the rig manufacturers write the manuals for the lowest common denominator.

73,
Thomas F. Giella, KN4LF
Plant City, FL, USA
Grid Square EL87WX
Lat & Long 27 58 31 44N 82 09 51 98W

NWS Tampa Bay, FL SKYWARN Observer # HIL-249
SWFWMD Rainfall Network Observer #574 Thackery
CWOP Weather Station #CW2111

PODXS 070 PSK31 Club Member #349

KN4LF Solar Space Weather & Geomagnetic Data Archive:
http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf5.htm
KN4LF HF/MF Radio Propagation Theory Notes: http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf8.htm

---