Yaesu

[Yaesu] FT847 With key clicks and hum on the CW note.

To: <YAESU@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT847 With key clicks and hum on the CW note.
From: "Robert Plechaty" <k9cgd@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 13:28:16 -0600
Hi Gang:

I am getting  bad  reports on the  quality of my CW  sgnal (Tone ), when using
my FT847.  The reports are of a ruff  tone ( hum) and some times key clicks.

I  added  an  additonal 30,000 MFD, capacitance to the FP-800 power supply and
even switched to a 35 Amp supply.  These changes  have gotten the key clicks
under control.  The ruff note  still remains.  any ideas????  Operation on SSB
and digital modes.

Thanks for your interest in my  problem with the FT847.

73  Bob, K9CGD