Yaesu

[Yaesu] FT-620 CW/AM !!PROBLEM SOLVED!!

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-620 CW/AM !!PROBLEM SOLVED!!
From: kb0nly@svtv.com (KBØNLY)
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 23:58:43 -0600
Thank go out to:

Guillermo - LU8EYW

Two heads are always better than one, and I sure am glad this list is =
available to
summon help!  Here is the email received from LU8EYW.

>  Hello Scott; I think (this rig is new for me, never saw/hear from it
>before) that there could be a cristal controlled carrier oscillator for
>both CW and AM, and that this has stopped to oscillate. But I could =
guess
>also the use of one of the LSB/USB cristals properly shifted in =
frequency
>to obtain carrier for CW. You may have to check either possibilities.
>
>Good luck
>Guillermo - LU8EYW.

He hit the nail right on the head, it was the Q-216 Transistor on the =
IF-AF Unit=20
PB-1417, an 2SC710D.  I over looked it on the schematic and block =
diagram not=20
fully realizing that this radio has separate oscillators for USB,LSB, =
and AM/CW. =20
The AM/CW modes share the same crystal controlled oscillator.

Now its back to full steam!

73,

Scott, KB=D8NLY

www.qsl.net/kb0nly