Yaesu

[Yaesu] Mark V TX IF Settings

To: "a Yaesu E-Group" <yaesu@contesting.com>,"a FT-1000MP eGroup" <FT-1000MP@yahoogroups.com>,"a 1000MP QTH E-List" <1000mp@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [Yaesu] Mark V TX IF Settings
From: "Thomas Giella KN4LF" <kn4lf@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 09:51:06 -0400
I have a new Mark V Field. In the 9-2 menu settings for TX IF gain per band
all of my settings are 9's, 10's and 11's, increasing as you increase in
frequency. However looking at the settings that K6SE and others use from the
VA3CR website, they are using 6's and 7's. What is the significance of these
settings and should I lower mine?

Also has anyone successfully changed their Mark V Field to all band transmit
for MARS and 60 meter operation? In the Mark V simply going to menu 9-9 and
changing it to "GEN" is enough BUT not on the Mark V Field. I presume a wire
has to be cut internally or an SMT semiconductor removed. I'm fixing to pop
the cover to place the INRAD 1.9 kc filters in both IF's and would like to
take care of the general coverage mod while I'm at it.

Any comments would be very much appreciated.

73,
Thomas F. Giella
Retired Space & Atmospheric Weather Forecaster
Plant City, FL, USA
Grid Square EL87WX
Lat & Long 27 58 31 44N 82 09 51 98W

NWS Tampa Bay, FL SKYWARN Observer # HIL-249
Citizens Weather Observation Program #CW2111
SWFWMD Rainfall Network Observer #574 Thackery
Weather Matrix Member Since 1999
PODXS 070 Club Member #349

FL Space & Atmospheric Weather Institute http://www.kn4lf.com/fsawi.htm
Solar Space Weather & Geomagnetic Data Archive
http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf5.htm
KN4LF HF/MF Radio Propagation Theory Notes http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf8.htm
KN4LF 160-10 Meter Amateur Radio Resources http://www.kn4lf.com

---