Yaesu

RE: [Yaesu] FT1000D PKT

To: "'Paul Carr'" <paulcarr@barrow.com>
Subject: RE: [Yaesu] FT1000D PKT
From: "Joe Subich, K4IK" <k4ik@subich.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 22:47:10 -0500
Paul,

What are you trying to accomplish?  In PKT the FT-1000MP does
the following:

   1) Offset the display to the "center of the channel" (i.e.,
      half way between the expected mark/space tone ... -2125 Hz
      default - Menu 6-3, 6-4 and 6-5)
   2) set the RX BFO to 457.125 kHz
   3) Set the TX BFO to 457.125 kHz
   4) Select LSB (i.e., BFO is above RX/TX freq)
   5) Select the last IF filters used in PKT
   6) Select audio input from the PKT (DIN-5) jack

What you're hearing probably isn't the filtering ... it's the
BFO offset (set up to pass audio at 2125 HZ +/- 1200 Hz).

73,

   ... Joe, K4IK