Yaesu

Re: [Yaesu] FT-990 EPROMUpgrade

To: "'Richard DiDonna NN3W'" <nn3w@cox.net>, <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] FT-990 EPROMUpgrade
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 00:14:37 -0400
The newer firmware (1.13) added the "short update" responses -
in particular: 16 bytes of data (current operating parameters -
command xx 00 00 02 10H) or 32 bytes of data (VFO A and VFO B -
command xx 00 00 03 10H).

Previous version of the firmware would only report all 1508
bytes (the "full dump" - command xx 00 00 00 10H) containing
VFO A, VFO B, all memories and the "Flags" data.

Both N1MM Logger and Writelog require the 32 byte format report.

73,

   ... Joe Subich, W4TV
       microHAM America
       http://www.microHAM-USA.com