Yaesu

[Yaesu] hi swr on ten meters. why?

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] hi swr on ten meters. why?
From: kz2g@optonline.net (KZ2G)
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 08:01:34 -0400
I am using the Valor Pro-Am whips on my van with my Yaesu FT-100D.  With the
20-meter whip, i can get the SWR down to near perfect.  But when i put the
10-meter whip on, i cannot get the SWR down.  it is sky high.  the coil
looks ok.  and the whip is only about 3 years old and used infrequently.
anyone have any ideas why this high SWR is there suddenly?  when i put the
20-meter whip back on, the SWR is near perfect.

Is anyone using the ATAS antenna on their rigs?  how does it work on 29 mhz
FM?  Does it tune every ham freq the FT-100D uses?  do u like it?  let me
know.  thanks.

Bob, KZ2G
        Omni 6 Plus & FT-100D, C U on CW!
        See my Ham web at www.geocities.com/ram9872002/kz2g.htm