Yaesu

[Yaesu] A possible problem with FT1000MP

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] A possible problem with FT1000MP
From: oh6xx@sral.fi (Juha Rantanen)
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 12:36:31 +0200
Hi all

I installed Inrad CW filters yesterday to my MP and noticed something that I
haven't noticed before. I don't think that the filters have anything to do
with it but I noticed that signal levels on my main-RX are quite about 2
S-units down from the sub-RX. I tuned around 7040kHz and found some stable
noice source and when I listened the signal on main-RX and immediately
switched to sub-rx the signal level was clearly down on main-rx. The signal
levels are concluded from the two S-meters MP has, of course they might not
be calibrated with each other but anyway the situation seemed to be like
this also by ear. Has anyone noticed anything similar or is my radio broken.

Juha OH6XX

P.S. Yes, I had the same filter bandwith on both receivers and all the
butoons seemed to be like should be.