Yaesu

[Yaesu] FT-1000D IF Shift Problem

To: yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000D IF Shift Problem
From: "Dave Maley" <dgmaley@commspeed.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 08:16:41 -0600 (CST)
Mike;

I've not heard of this problem before, but I guess it could happen.
Suggest you check the dip switches under the trap door in the lid.  Put
them back to original factory default configuration. Exercise them to make
sure all are still making good contact. Then do a full reset.  Make sure
the 500Hz filter is plugged in the right position.  The dip switches do
two things: Program the side tone frequency and set the carrier oscillator
frequency to match the sidetone.
Let us know how you come out and congratulations on your new radio.
Dave
WA0ZZG

Message: 5
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 10:34:50 -0600
From: Mike Gusky <k5ux@bellsouth.net>
To: yaesu@contesting.com

Still learning about my 1000D.  I finally got the technical supplement
and it really helps.
Only one minor problem.  The IF shift seems to work normally in both
LSB and USB, but I have
to move it to the 2 o'clock position when using the 500 Hz filter on
CW.  Can't hear anything
that resembles CW if I leave it in the 12 o'clock position.  Not sure
what area to look at.  I have
all the test equipment I need, but want to make sure I am in the right
area before I start tweaking.

Any comments/suggestions would be much appreciated.

73,
Mike
K5UX

End of Yaesu Digest, Vol 73, Issue 5