Yaesu

[Yaesu] Yaesu Info regarding FTDX-9000

To: kj0m@mchsi.com, yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: [Yaesu] Yaesu Info regarding FTDX-9000
From: RLVZ@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 13:33:07 EST
Hi Jim,

The exact same thing happened to me.  I've been waiting weeks and still no
info.  Now I noticed that in the March QST Yaesu is back to advertising the
FT-1000-Field and dropped the FT-9000 ad.  When I keep calling Dealers month
after
month they say that Yaesu is "still waiting for FCC approval on the FT-9000
before they can market it".

I saw the FT-9000 up close recently at a local hamfest.  It's a really neat
radio but in my opinion there is absolutely No way the radio is worth the
$9,000 to $10,000 they are asking!  (a more realistic list price worth be
$4,000
for the 200 watt unit and $4,500 for the 400 watt unit)  So I went ahead and
installed roofing filters in my 1000-MP's.

73, Dick- K9OM