Yaesu

Re: [Yaesu] FT-990 Folds Back Power on 40M

To: Yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] FT-990 Folds Back Power on 40M
From: <w1nk@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 21:40:40 -0400
Yes... all the other bands and modes (well, except AM) show 100W output.  What
strikes me as strange is that it's *only* on 40M RTTY that the power drops.

The more I think about it, I wonder if heat has something to do with it.  In
both instances over the weekend, I was on 40 RTTY after being on 20 RTTY for
about a good 60 to 90 minutes.  Then after letting the rig "rest" (even
overnight) the power out would slowly creep back up (after a night's rest, I
got a full 100W out).  Even if heat was a factor, should I see a fairly
consistent power drop on all bands/modes??

Frank, W1NK