Yaesu

[Yaesu] FT-8000R

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-8000R
From: dandrox@montana.com (David and Roxanna McGinnis)
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 09:40:25 -0600

> >Anyone ever have a problem with low audio on the 2 meter side of the
> >Yaesu FT-8000r ? Just barely adequate with the volume all the way up
> when
> >parked.

Low audio on VHF side?  Mine went back twice for burned up VHF reciever
front end.  The second time they replaced the radio.  It seems it didn't
like operating in close proxmity to a 100 Watt VHF Motorolla comercial
radio.  Whenever I transmitted on the Mot, a transister in the Yaesu's
reciever went up in smoke.  I used to use a FT5100 in the same application,
and that what I use there now.  I didn't have the heart to try it a third
time, so I put the new 8000 in my wife's car and it works great there.

I can't say much bad about Yaesu's service.  I wasn't charged a dime for
the repair and replacement.

Dave N7MJW