Yaesu

[Yaesu] "Adam L. Davis" <ALD270373@worldnet.att.net>: Lost World Rig

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] "Adam L. Davis" <ALD270373@worldnet.att.net>: Lost World Rig
From: ki0dz@juno.com (Mary-Frances R. Bartels)
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 21:41:01 MST
Forwarding this on as requested.  I didn't even notice the rigs next to
the driver's seat!  Adam, you're very observant.  I'm assuming that the
"driver's seat" referred to here is that of the bus-like vehicle that
wound up pushed over a cliff, or perhaps in one of the land rover
vehicles?
                                                           73,
                                                           Mary-Frances

Mary-Frances R. Bartels                         (((#)))     ^     ^
Amateur Radio Callsign: KI0DZ  DM79lt Denver, CO   |         ^ - ^
***Let ME scan your photos and documents!***    -------      (o o)
Ind. Rep. of Watkins products #92389            |ooOoo|    >{  |  }<
http://www.qsl.net/ki0dz                        -------           RRR)*
From: "Adam L. Davis" <ALD270373@worldnet.att.net>
To: ki0dz@juno.com
Subject: Lost World Rig
To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 22:26:33 -0700

Mary-Frances,
The rig that appeared in the Lost World was an FT-990. It is easy to
tell, the FT-1000D has the Memory and Clar knobs on the outside, while
the 990 has it on the inside, meaning closer to the tuning knob. Also, I
only saw one tuning know on the Tranciever, along with the amber display
which told me that it was an FT-990. If you can foward this to the list
that would be great.
Also in the Lost World, one can see an Icom IC-706, and the Yaesu
FT-8500, right next to the driver seat. Hope this explains it all. Again
please foward this to the mailing list. I don't quite know how to join
this list.

Adam L. Davis  KB2GEG
--
Adam Lee Davis (ALD270373@worldnet.att.net)