Yaesu

[Yaesu] MP or D ???

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] MP or D ???
From: bzuehlke@seren.com (Zuehlke, Brad)
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 11:26:52 -0500
Hi Steve...

Lucky you... a new, high end transceiver with the wife's blessing.

I had a fully loaded FT-1000D for about 5 years before switching to the
fully loaded MP.  My bottom line opinion is that the MP is a better
radio from the standpoint that Yaesu had the benefit of building off
it's D model experience and several years of customer comments about
what could have made the D a better radio.  My only two "no compromise"
reasons in going for a 1000D would be the need for 200 watts in a
transceiver and crossband operation.  If you don't need those... pick
the MP.  You'll be happier with the way volume control is handled when
both receivers are active... a key difference for me.  There are also
some handier button/knob placements on the MP and the ability to change
things via front panel addressable menus rather than cover removal...
human factors engineering I like to call it.

You'll be extremely happy with either radio, whatever your decision.
They both performed flawlessly in my shack.

73,
        Brad - K9BZ