Yaesu

[Yaesu] FT-990 ROM version upgrade

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-990 ROM version upgrade
From: ea3in@yahoo.com (Marcel Jorba)
Date: Sun Jul 27 05:27:08 2003
Hi,

I have been trying to CAT control my FT990 from
several software, but I have alway the same problem:
When the program polls the radio it loses the audio
and no frequency info is sent to the program. If the
program forces the radio to qsy it works perfect.

After collecting some other om experiences it seems
the problem is the ROM version. Mine is 1.3 and it
should be upgraded to 1.3. Don't know how.

Does anyone know if the upgrade is still available? Is
it aspare part or is it needed to send the rig to
Yaesu?

I love my FT-990 but I need CAT control for contesting

Regards

Marcel
EA3IN

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com