Yaesu

[Yaesu] FT-990 ROM version upgrade

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-990 ROM version upgrade
From: wulf@ping.net.au (wulf@ping.net.au)
Date: Sun Jul 27 06:12:23 2003
Hi,

you're seeing exactly what I've experienced in the past with any of
the available FT990 controller packages. My rig currently runs on
version 1.23.

I've since ordered an upgrade ROM Vertex USA (YAESU), but unfortunately
they have mixed-up the order and delivered me goods that were destined
for another customer leaving me with a few useless pieces of spares.

Customer attitude towards customers is not on high priority at Vertex
as I've tried to explain the situation for more than two weeks to no
avail and not having received any feedback.

Anyhow, in case you still are keen to order find below the part
number for the upgrade:

Material         Description              Unit Price
G1091594         FT-990 NEW ROM IC        US$65.00
                 M37700M4A215FP

Parts can be order on (714) 827-7600 during business hours.

Note that this chip is a surface mount!!!!

Hope this helps,

73, Berndt
VK5ABN