Yaesu

Re: [Yaesu] FT1000MP AF out affected by AF Gain control settings

To: Yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] FT1000MP AF out affected by AF Gain control settings
From: Mike Ruttenberg G7TWC <g7twc@rutty.eclipse.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 14:57:28 +0000
Yes there are 2 ports on the rear, EXT Speaker and AF Out.

Ext Speaker is connected to the AF Gain control, and is supposed to be, so no
problem there.
The AF Out is not meant to be connected to the AF Gain control. On mine it is.
In which case it is acting exactly with the EXT Speaker control,
which is no good to me.

Due to this issue, the problem is that I have to have the headphones on at 75%
volume in order to get enough of a signal to drive the AF Out
line feeding my soundcard for data mode work. The AF Out level is supposed to
be constant and independent of the heaphone/AF Gain
volume. It isn't, as indeicated above and several times below, so when trying
to do data mode the rig speaker is blaring, or the headphones are
blaring (whicher i choose to use). It is unpleasant to be in the presence of
the rig when the volume is at 75%.

If you say "well don't turn it to 75% then" then I don't get enough volume to
drive the soundcard for data modes, which is what I would like to
do.

So back to the original issue: Has anyone come across a situation whereby the
AF Out levels are driven by the AF Gain control and thereby
able to assist me in finding out whether a mod exists to make it like this, in
which case I can reverse engineer the mod so that it doesn't happen
and does what it is supposed to do according to the instructions.

Thanks
Mike
G7TWC

On Fri Feb  3 13:15 , dave  sent: