Yaesu

[Yaesu] FT-1000(D) and Heil HC-5 drive level

To: yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000(D) and Heil HC-5 drive level
From: Marcel Jorba <ea3in@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 11:32:25 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

I am trying to use a Heil HC-5 elemnt with the
FT-1000D. It seems that it provides low level input.I
need to turn the Mic Gain to full level and to switch
the Processor on. In this position it seems the radio
delivers about 100w. If I increase my voice level it
goes full scale.

Is someone using the HC-5 with no preamp together with
an FT-1000D?

Any comments, experiences or tips will be welcomed.

Regards
Marcel