Yaesu

Re: [Yaesu] FT-1000D

To: yaesu@contesting.com <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] FT-1000D
From: <npalex@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 19:31:16 -0500
 I have a older FT-1000D (1992) and the S-Meter has stopped functioning.  I
anticipated it to be a faulty meter but have hesitated in tackling the
replacement.  However In a recent on the air conversation another FT-1000 owner
had the same problem early in the radio's life.

 Yaesu sent him two diodes and two locations for the faulty diode replacement.
Only one was needed and the meter function was restored, but he did not
remember which diode or where.

Is this a known problem, and does anyone have the details of what part and its
location?

 Regards.
 Norm W4QN

Regards,