Yaesu

[Yaesu] FV101-Z

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FV101-Z
From: ke7gh@primenet.com (Brian K. Short KE7GH)
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 17:12:42 +0000
At 12:28 AM 3/19/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Is there a mod for using this unit with an FT101E

Doubtful.  I purchased an FT-101ZD when they were first
available and used it for a number of years.  At one time,
I had EVERY accessory for it, but most were for the FT-901.

The FT-101ZD was significantly different from other 101's:
  1) 6146 finals (not sweep tubes)
  2) different IF frequency <--

This is why the monitor scope and VFO's were incompatible (#2).
The FV-901DM synthesized VFO was nicer, but more expensive.
Also the '901 scope is quite nice, but STILL quite expensive.

The 'ZD has more in common with the '901 than the '101 namesake.
(Wish I had the SPACE to keep a 'ZD/'901 station going here...)

73, Brian ke7gh@contesting.com

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.primenet.com/~ke7gh/yaesu.html