Yaesu

[Yaesu] FT101B Won't Load

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT101B Won't Load
From: highland@cityscape.net (highland@cityscape.net)
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 18:06:07 -0600
All,
        Could anyone offer suggestions, I have an FT101B that won't load up.  I
follow the tune directions that are in a friends service manual.

1. Peak the preselector for maximum noise on receive

2. Place the Meater in the IC position, and the mode switch in the tune
position.

3. rotate the carrier control fully counterclockwise

4. Key the mike and increase the setting of the carrier using the
carrier control knob, until the current is increased 50ma above idle.
(the idle current should be 60 ma, so your meter should now indicate
110ma).
        ^^^^^^This is where I run into the problem.  The idle current is 60ma,
but when I turn the carrier up it doesn't increae the IC current.

Things that I have checked,

1. All tubes test good.

2. There is Filament Voltage and There is High Voltage (650v) to the
Plate tapes.

3. The carrier 5K Pot that is the carrier control tests good with my
DMM.

What Am I missing is it something simple?  Any help is tremendously
appreciated.

de KA9KQH, Dwayne
--
....quitely making noise......