Yaesu

[Yaesu] FT530 intermod.problems.

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT530 intermod.problems.
From: sassoli@ii1wh10.settimo.italtel.it (Paolo Sassoli)
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 1997 10:38:40 +0200
--------------B7BA1028663322457A799EBC

Hi all,

Last year I bought a FT530 dual band HT and for the first months I was
quite impressed of
its features, then one day I toke it to a big hamfest to keep in contact
with friends.

Wath a bad surprise! Due to the high RF pollution both the s-meter in
VHF and UHF were
always at full scale on any frequencies (also in absence of real
signals) and the communication was impossible.

At the same hamfest the year before I toke a VHF HT from ALINCO and had
absolutely
no problems.

Now I'd like to know if someone else has had this kind of problem with
the 530 or other
dual band HT or I have to think that my rtx need some lab intervent.

Besides, can anyone give me some info about the FT50 (dual band HT)
behaviour?
Has it a good receiver selectivity?
How does it cope with a high rf polluted environment?
Has it a good quality audio reproduction (the speaker of the 530 doesn't
give good reproduction
of low audio freqs)?

Thanks to all and 73.

Paolo IK2LNH