Yaesu

[Yaesu] FT-920 Audio

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-920 Audio
From: jwatson@cde.com (John Watson)
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 15:51:31 -0500
I am about to acquire a FT-920, and I have read that certain 920 owners
have experienced audio "problems" when they use a Heil headset with the
HC-5 cartridge.
I would like to know if this is a real problem or just a perceived
problem, and if there was a certain series of 920's that had this
problem.
I have read the reports on eHam.net, and on the 920 reference pages, and
to say the least this doesn't help as to pinning it down to a certain
series or lot of 920's.
Were there certain lots that had this problem, or is it wide spread over
all 920's?
And, what is the latest ROM from Yaesu?
Thanks to all for reading my message, and please reply direct.

                                                  John Watson  KC4TBH