Yaesu

[Yaesu] Results of DSP59-Y Messages

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Results of DSP59-Y Messages
From: kc4tbh@mpinet.net (John Watson)
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 23:42:11 -0400
Well, the news isn't good. I received over 28 messages expressing
interest in the DSP59-Y. Which in itself is great, but the costs of the
display, new type needed as the original type used is no longer
available, and tooling up for a production run is out of the question.
I talked to Dennis, one of the owners of Great River, and the costs
would make the "new" DSP59-Y well over $350.00 each. He recognizes that
this would be too high a cost, and the past experiences of the past
years trying to make the DSP59-Y available at a reasonable cost is not
viable any more.
So, it appears the only thing to do is find a used one (good luck!!) or
opt for a DSP599zx.
Good luck there too!

                                                 John Watson KC4TBH

--