Yaesu

[Yaesu] CAT FT990/FT1000 Problem: Clarifier Tuning

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] CAT FT990/FT1000 Problem: Clarifier Tuning
From: k4oj@tampabay.rr.com (Jim White, K4OJ)
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 10:33:49 -0500
Something I would like to have is a remote knob for the FT1000 - a knob
which would adjust either (or both) the VFO and the RIT/Clarifier that I
could place along side the keyboard so I didn't have to touch the rig as
often would be great - allowing me to keep my hands on/near the keyboard.

A company called Eklektic (sp?) made such a know in mass quantities for
the Kenwood rigs and did a few special order units for Yaesu.   They had
a remote tuning knob which could be changed to an RIT control with the
throw of a switch.

In fast paced contest operating it is nice to not have to touch the rig
for long period of time while running however reality is that not
everyone calls on frequency - so there at least two times your hands
leave the keyboard - once to adjust the clarifier and once to undo the
adjustment to return top the "normal" frequency.

I gather from this posting that the clarifier may be accessable from the
CAT jack - if this is so then maybe someone who is up on such things
could tell me if it is possible to construct a remote clarifier knob
form my 1000 without doing and serious work inside the rig - I do not
want to perform a modification to the rig itself if at all possible to
avoid such.

73, sorry for interrupting your QSO, Berndt!

Jim, K4OJ