Yaesu

[Yaesu] FT-1000D AF out sidetone

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000D AF out sidetone
From: w6ya@cox.net (Jim McCook)
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 23:18:01 +0000
Has anyone ever figured out a mod to supply fixed sidetone audio to the
main VFO-A channel at the AF OUT jack?  Anyone who has tried to record
at AF OUT knows that there is no sidetone or monitor audio available
except at the channel for the SUB VFO, which is really useless.  It
would be wonderful to have both sidetone and SSB monitor audio available
there.  This would be a very worthwhile mod.  I get lost around Q3024 in
the audio board, where it seems there is mixed output for both, ahead of
the MONI switch.  It seems to be fed to the base of Q3052 for the sub
VFO channel; it needs to be at Q3051 for the main VFO channel.

Perhaps someone out there with real engineering talent may need this
feature enough to figure it out.  It's way beyond me...

Jim
W6YA