Yaesu

[Yaesu] FT1kD Internal Electronic Keyer

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT1kD Internal Electronic Keyer
From: k4oj@tampabay.rr.com (Jim White, K4OJ)
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 11:19:22 -0500
in my youth (long time ago - another story)

I would zero beat a station and turn the power down then  try to emulate
their style - same could be done with zero beating W1AW when they have
practice runs - you could find out the appropriate speed by adjusting
the keyer setting to the current one...although I do not think knowing
you are sending at XY WPM is really of any value.

Send what you are comfortable with - better to send slow and well than
fast and sloppy.

73,

Jim, K4OJ