Yaesu

[Yaesu] Re: AM mode FT-920 (Don Putnick)

To: yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: [Yaesu] Re: AM mode FT-920 (Don Putnick)
From: "John A. Pawlicki" <bigjp@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 18:36:24 -0400
Don,

You do not necessarily need to have the filter to both receive and transmit AM with the 920. It all depends on whether you have the filter substitute board that Yaesu began to provide with the later 920s. I don't have the AM module yet I can both transmit and receive (albeit widely) with mine. If you decide to buy the filter later, you can just swap out the substitute board with the filter.

Yes this is a really great rig at a really great price. Don't be afraid to turn off the pre-amp (IPO on) and use some attenuation when conditions are noisey (i.e. 40 meter band and lomger).

73,

John Pawlicki, K8AG