Yaesu

[Yaesu] Access to the 200w PA Unit in FT1k/D

To: yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: [Yaesu] Access to the 200w PA Unit in FT1k/D
From: Vince <wa.tworsx@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 20:07:17 -0400
Hello OMs:

My FT1kD radio continues to be "ill".  I am seeking advice and practical
procedural steps for accessing the 200w PA Unit that is located on the
bottom side of the heat sink.

How is that heat sink removed?  If you have experience with replacing
the driver and/or final transistors, please contact me via eMail:
wa.tworsx@verizon.net.

I do have the Technical Supplement manual and have been studying  the
exploded view and schematic diagrams.  If I am able to get to those
components, I would take a stab at fault isolation and replacement.

Anyone know about the cost and availability of the MRF422s and MRF486s
?  I know what Yaesu charged 3 years ago for the replacement of two
MRF486s and two resistors!  Must the replacement transistors be a
matched set ?

Thanks and 73,
de ~ Vince ~
WA2RSX   IOTA  NA-026