Yaesu

[Yaesu] [YCCC] FT-1000MP display gone

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] [YCCC] FT-1000MP display gone
From: vr2bg@harts.org.hk (VR2BrettGraham)
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 23:38:15 +0000
N2MG concluded:

>However at least three of you suggested the "backlight" supply.  Being
>adventurous, I started disassembling the radio (without the service manual
>which is on order - c'mon, I just bought this radio!) and lo and behold,
>Yaesu put the inverter circuit right where it belongs - on the display-side
>of the "EMI firewall" behind the front panel so it was easy to find.  One of
>the emails I received suggested I look at the thermal fuse and sure enough,
>TF1 was open as suspected.  Bravo!

My turn to suggest searching eHam.net, where you would find that I posted
some time back that TF1 could be the culprit.  ;^)

Finally figured that one out after the third failure.  Credit for that goes to
JA1RJU.  Yaesu itself seemingly knew nothing about it.  Bounced the idea
off K7JA & didn't get a thumbs down but didn't exactly get a thumbs up,
either.  I sense the official position will be that power supply for backlight
tube is considered a part & therefore is to be replaced outright - typical for
an out-sourced module like this.

73, BW2/VR2BrettGraham