Yaesu

[Yaesu] My FT-990 Repair (Wrapup)

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] My FT-990 Repair (Wrapup)
From: WmLB@prefer.net (Bill Brannick)
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 19:31:31 -0700
I have always commented on how things have changed since I was a tech back
in the 50s (Navy). In those days we trouble- shot and replaced at the
component level.  Today it done mostly at the board or sub-assembly level..

So.. I laughed a little to myself when I received a copy of the Yaesu
invoice from last week's adventure. That little 5V regulator.. (7805) cost
a mighty $.69...

So.. I guess there are exceptions to the rule....   The lithium battery was
the biggie.. $3.00 .. Ha!
Of course the labor was another matter..

Bill..

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/yaesu