Yaesu

Re: [Yaesu] Yaesu Warranty on Used FT-897D?

To: Amateur-repairs@yahoogroups.com,Yaesu Reflector <yaesu@contesting.com>, yaesu@mailman.qth.net,FT897@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] Yaesu Warranty on Used FT-897D?
From: kd4e <kd4e@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 11:48:23 +0800
>> Beat them at their own game. Keep your communication to a minimum, give
>> only information required to diagnose/repair the unit, send it in with a
>> copy of the receipt, and use a return address such as your work qth, or
>> just use the name of the original purchaser with your return address.
>> We have all moved at one point in time, no?  Get the idea?
>
> I just assume that a used item has no factory warranty. I always have, and
> I always will, no matter what sort of tricks others are willing to play.
> 73, Paul K4PDM

As a Biblical Christian to whom that means everything
I cannot engage in anything that even sounds deceptive.

I need an official word from Yaesu if they will honor
the warranty based on the serial number on record as
covered -- or if their official policy is to duck their
obligation to support their gear on the thin excuse that
the owner has changed.

If Yaesu will not honor their warranty to that serial
numbered rig then I will make my buying decision based
on no warranty service available -- it harms the original
buyer by reducing the value of an otherwise nearly-new
used rig and may harm future Yaesu sales if other
manufacturers are more buyer-friendly.

And no, I don't know if this makes Yaesu any different
than any of the other manufacturers or if they are all
equally anxious for an excuse to avoid supporting their
rigs.

--

Thanks! & 73, doc kd4e
http://bibleseven.com