Yaesu

Re: [Yaesu] java or linux tool for VX-5R clone file

To: yaesu@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] java or linux tool for VX-5R clone file
From: kd4e <kd4e@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 23:37:46 -0400
>> Using WINE or VMWare does cover the inadequate coding
>> skills of some programmers who appear to be unable to
>> make their apps cross-platform compatible.
>>
> So you maybe would suggest everything be coded in Java? Which would give
> the  programmer a tool with all the elegant simplicity of C++ and the
> blazing speed of Smalltalk?
> <G>
> Mike NF4L

FireFox, Thunderbird, Seamonkey, OpenOffice, and
many other apps started in Linux and were ported
to the MS version of windows and to Apple.

Home Depot runs their entire corporation under
Linux.

This free, Ham Radio Control App runs under
Linux and the MS version of windows:
http://groundstation.sourceforge.net/grig/

There are many many apps that work across platform,
we should support that vs proprietary apps.

 > Troll.

Childish.

--

Thanks! & 73,