Yaesu

Re: [Yaesu] Noise blanker recommendations

To: John Geiger <af5cc2@gmail.com>, yaesu reflector <yaesu@mailman.qth.net>, "yaesu@contesting.com" <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] Noise blanker recommendations
From: Jim Harris via Yaesu <yaesu@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2017 04:58:47 +0000 (UTC)
John,
Don't rule out the unoccupied house.  I had a problem something like you
describe.  Long story made short.....it was a door bell transformer from a
house diagonally behind us.
Contact your local electric supplier.  They likely have someone assigned to
handle complaints like yours.  If they find a transmission line problem they
likely can get it fixed.  If they pinpoint it to a house it probably will be up
to you to work a fix with the owner.  The voice of experience here.
Also, some radio clubs have someone with the skills to help.  Give them a try
too.

As others have said here a noise blanker or DSP probably will do little to take
it out.
Good luck and let us know how it works out.
Jim. W0EM