Yaesu

[Yaesu] MH-27 Mic DTMF inop

To: Yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: [Yaesu] MH-27 Mic DTMF inop
From: "LHOTP@ATT.NET" <LHOTP@ATT.NET>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2010 21:56:22 -0600
The DTMF on my MH-27 microphone is intermittent/ weak at best; voice
reports are A-OK, so I assume the problem is isolated to the DTMF
portions of the circuit board.  I looked online and found that one
likely bet is aged capacitors.  I don't have the skills to R&R the
capacitors myself.  The mic is attached to a FT-2500M, if that matters.

Does anyone know of a place to have it repaired for a reasonable price?
I'd rather not spend more than about $30 to fix it when a new 2m is
barely four times that price.

Jon KE5WGZ