Yaesu

[Yaesu] Yaesu FT-ONE

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Yaesu FT-ONE
From: donsay2@cox.net (Don Richards)
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 17:40:59 -0700
I have a "classic" Yaesu transceiver that was once "top of the line".  It
is the FT-ONE and it has a problem.  This somewhat ancient unit has an
optional RAM printed circuit board for memory backup that uses two IC chips
MN1203 (Yaesu part number G1090368).  The two IC chips in my unit are
"shot" and I hope to find someone who might know how to get replacements or
has a working RAM board they would sell.

Yaesu long ago deleted its inventory of the RAM board and the IC chips and
offer no suggestion as to how to obtain them.  In vain, I have looked for a
replacement IC by trying to cross reference MN1203.  I was once told they
are still available from sources that specialize in finding and stocking
out-of-production transistors and ICs but they sell only in large
quantities.

Is there anyone out there that can find two MN1203 chips at a reasonable
price and help me bring my FT-ONE back to its original operating
condition?  Or perhaps someone has the optional RAM board in operating
condition (Yaesu part number C0022670) they would sell at a reasonable
price?   Please reply to my email address:   donsay2@cox.net

W7UPF