Yaesu

Re: [Yaesu] FT-450 Tuner acting weird

To: yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] FT-450 Tuner acting weird
From: Tom Osborne <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2015 18:23:29 -0800
Hi George

It is the same with 2 different antennas. With he tuner off, both of the antennas are resonant about 3530. It was working about a week ago and then all of a sudden it just quit working on 80. Funny that it works OK on all the other bands.

The funny thing is that I can hear the tuner trying to tune but the lights flicker and then go out. When it gets done, the SWR is pegged out, even on the frequency the antenna is resonant on.

This is the radio that I usually keep in my camper for summertime camping. I just brought it in to check it out last week. 73

Tom W7WHY

On 3/5/2015 5:19 PM, George K5KG wrote:
Is this a tuner problem, or an antenna problem?  Try tuning it on 80 with a
different antenna to isolate the problem.

73, George k5kg

Sent from my iPhone