Yaesu

Re: [Yaesu] G-800SDX

To: yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] G-800SDX
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 06:10:16 -0400
At 07:08 PM 3/16/2009, w7upf wrote:
>I had a similar experience with a G-1000SDX and found a slippage problem
>with the rubber drive "belt" inside the controller unit.

My rotator control cables have Cinch plugs at the panel coming into the
shack.  I think the older Yaesu control boxes use these on the back of the
box too.  I had similar problems which traced back to these plugs - applied
some CAIG Labs ProGold conductivity enhancer to the male prongs, plugged
them in and out a few times, and the problem went away.

73, Pete N4ZR