Yaesu

[Yaesu] FT-7400H

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-7400H
From: Jastaples@aol.com (Jastaples@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 19:10:32 -0400 (EDT)
I have an FT-7400H 70-cm Transceiver. It has been sitting on the shelf for
several months unused. When I attempted to use it I discovered that I have no
rcx "noise" with the squelch knob set maximum ccw. Other functions appear to
work. Various beeps and such sounds come out of the speaker. I've tried the
"reset" bit... Guess I have a dead rcx front end.

Before shipping it off for service (and that's not in the cards near term
with UPS out), I though maybe someone has a suggestion as to something I've
ovelooked.... Perhaps I need to hold down the @&% button, pinch my nose, and
turn the power on or such... You never know with these newer microprocessor
based rigs.

Thanks,

Joe, W5ASP