Yaesu

[Yaesu] FT-1000D 500hz filter problem fixed/mods done

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000D 500hz filter problem fixed/mods done
From: AB2E Darrell <ab2e@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 20:23:20 -0400
Hi Everyone,
      I found the problem where the 500hz filter made the receiver dead when
pressed. Thanks to all who responded with suggestions. I reseated and
double-checked the 500 hz filter, and that seems to have been the problem, it's
working great now.

I just installed several mods, and I'm very pleased with all of them. The
following mods made a great difference in the radio!
*Inrad roofing filter mod.
*Inrad sub-receiver 500hz filter added.
*International Radio tuning mod for main and sub (spreads out the revolution to
2.5KHz +more).
*W8JI key click and noise blanker mods

I only had the tuning mod on my original FT-1000D in the '90s, so the
difference for me is astounding with the new mods available for the radio now.

73 Darrell AB2E