Yaesu

Re: [Yaesu] FT-857D Back Pack Rack

To: ka4inm@gmail.com, yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] FT-857D Back Pack Rack
From: Randy Berry <randyn3lrx@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2019 11:57:39 -0400
Hi, I've seen plenty of backpacks I could use. What I'm looking for is
a frame to hold the radio, a tuna, and a battery steady inside the
backpack.

I'd like to have a frame that holds the radio and the tuna vertical,
and parallel with each other, tuna on top and the battery underneath
them. and something to hold a whip or a helical antenna on each side.
One for UHF/VHF and the other for HF/6.

Something like this:

http://tinyurl.com/backpack-frame (redirects to ebay)

But I don't like the price of that one or the fact that it's coming
from overseas.

I've seen some nice military surplus packs that may be great for the
project, but not any racks to put in them and I don't want to invest
in a pack just yet without knowing the dimensions of the rack to put
in it.

--
tnx es 73 de Randy, N3LRX/8
https://n3lrx.com