Yaesu

[Yaesu] FT 920 AFSK problem

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT 920 AFSK problem
From: "rsauvan" <rsauvan@beyondbb.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 19:14:19 -0600
Hi all,
I have been battling this for a couple of days now. I have had my FT920 working
just fine with AFSK for a couple of years. I decided to try to get it to work
on FSK. I soldered up a cable with the correct resistor and transistor and
hooked it all up.I used a spare data plug. I couldnt get it to diddle with the
new FSK setup. Im thinking my radio isnt seeing the Byterunner add on serial
com port. Ok, thats fine, Ive had that problem before. I decided to put it back
together with my AFSK setup which is only a couple of cables to the soundcard
and I didnt change any of the wiring to the original data plug cable for AFSK.
I have set and reset the menu items that I believe are correct, but,,, when I
am in USB data on the radio as I am supposed to be, I hear a faint diddle, (it
used to be quite loud and able to control the volume) but I dont show any power
output either. If I switch to LSB which Im not supposed to be in, it shows
power output, but I cant get the "moni" to show on t
 he display and therefore not hearing anything either. I am sure I have a
setting wrong somewhere but must be missing something. I am using MTTY and
Writelog for software. Any ideas??

Thanks-Bob-WT9Q