Yaesu

[Yaesu] problem with idbt and vrf on mk5

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] problem with idbt and vrf on mk5
From: "Jim Mornar" <n9tk@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 23:00:31 -0500
Hello list,

I just bought a refurbed FT-1000 MK 5 at Dayton from a reputable dealer,
brought it home and installed the filters from my older MK 5 field, and the
new roofing filter mod from INRAD.  I don't know if they worked before, but
the vrf and idbt buttons do nothing, and I know they are band sensitive.  I
wonder if there is a menu item I have overlooked, or does the roofing filter
negate these two features?  Or maybe there is a cable that came loose for
those two buttons on the dial?  I thought I'd poll the list before restoring
all to original configuration.  Any ideas?

Thanks to all for reading and responding!

Jim N9TK