Yaesu

[Yaesu] FT-840 problem

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-840 problem
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 19:44:55 -0700
Hi All

I have a FT-840 that I think got too much RF into the RX and now the receive
is way, way down.

I was checking the parts near the 'rx in' (J1003).  There is a relay and
then the PTT jack next to that.

Between the relay and the jack is a diode, D1007.   Going towards the front
from there are what looks like 2 more diodes right next to each other.  One
is marked on the board, D1118.  The other one right next to it and right
next to L1018 has no markings on the board that I can see.  In checking the
2 diodes, one checked OK but the other one right next to L1018 has a dead
short across it while checking it in both directions.

What is the part number in the schematic for that one and what is the value.

Thanks for any help and 73.
Tom W7WHY