Yaesu

[Yaesu] qrp mod

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] qrp mod
From: esa.p.korhonen@nokia.com (esa.p.korhonen@nokia.com)
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 10:28:50 +0200
Hello,

I wouldn't touch the radio at all. I'd build an external attenuator on line
with the coax that would be activated by PTT when transmitting. You can use the
linear amplifier control for this. This way it would not attenuate the RX.

Small box with coax connectors, a DPDT relay and a few resistors will do it. No
need for big resistors either if you only want to drop 10W to 1W (or whatever
you want the output to be).

73, Esa OH7WV