Yaesu

RE: [Yaesu] FT 920 AND Kam for cw

To: "Tim" <k3xi@shentel.net>, <Yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [Yaesu] FT 920 AND Kam for cw
From: "Kjell W. Strom" <strom.lime@wanadoo.nl>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 00:44:59 +0100
Tim,

I don't know about FT-920, but Pin 4 of the HF connector on KAM+
does not pull the keying line all the way to ground potential,
since it has a 100 Ohm resistor in series with the relay points.
You can test by connecting a resistor across the line from your
keyer to see if this keys the transceiver.

On the other hand, if your objective is to convert text files
into Morse code for recording: most CW training programs can do
this. Look for web sites offering freeware for hams.

73,
"Kel" PB3SM - SM6CPI